The United States Youth Volleyball League (USYVL) is always eager to hear from friendly, enthusiastic, hardworking team players that are interested in joining the USYVL's outstanding youth sports staff. The USYVL affords an upbeat, dynamic environment in which employees can enrich their skills and talents. To begin your next rewarding employment adventure, check out our current list of available positions.
Please send a cover letter including salary history and resume
to [email protected] or fax to 310-212-7182.
The USYVL position of Clinician is responsible for overseeing the site parent volunteer coaches in the team instruction of the fundamentals of volleyball.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1) Organize and supervise the parent volunteer coaches
2) Direct parent volunteer coaches how to perform volleyball drills
3) Demonstrate the proper volleyball fundamentals to the kids directly
4) Run Game Days and Tournaments
5) Communicate with the USYVL National Office
6) Attend 2hr. Training meeting
7) Run 2 hr. Coaching Clinic
Qualifications and Desired Skills
1) Have volleyball playing experience at the high school, club, college or higher level
2) Be able to give clear and precise directions
3) Be dependable
While performing as the Clinician, the person is:
1) Subject to the by laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines of USYVL
2) Under the overall authority of and directly supervised by USYVL
3) For the protection of both the children and the volunteer, no child can be left with less than two adults at any given time, meaning a child is never permitted to be in the company of a single – one -- adult during USYVL-sponsored activities.
The anticipated time commitment for a Clinician is the full eight-week season, plus the Parent Meeting and Coaching Clinic. The estimated hours to fulfill the duties shall be 4 hours per week.
Orientation, Training, Certification and Continued Education Provided
To prepare a person for the position of Clinician, USYVL will offer the following educational opportunities. It is the duty of the Clinician to attend these sessions.
1) Orientation by the USYVL
2) Workshop on the Clinician procedures
While performing the duties of Clinician, the person is limited to their site, unless expressly authorized in writing by USYVL to hold activities in another location.